Titan as written in Japanese is two different entities. The first of them is spelled タイタン [titan], pronounced TIE-tahn, is the same as the summon. The second, ティターン [titan], pronounced tee-TAHN, is a different monster whose name is pronounced like the Greek word of the primordial race of gods.


Final Fantasy III


Level: 46, Number: 212, Type: -, Family: Titan
HP: 29,000, ATK: 96, DEF: 44, MDEF: 11, STR: 43, VIT: 32, INT: 26, MND: 39, AGI: 38, WGT: 6
GIL: 13,500 / EXP: 27,600
Immunity: -
Weakness: -
Resistance: -
Abilities: Attack (uses with 100% chance when HP>60%, with 70% chance when 60%>HP>20%, with 50% chance when HP<20%), Quake (uses with 30% chance when 60%>HP>20%, with 50% chance when HP<20%), attacks twice per round
Drops: Hi-Potion ~7.9%, Phoenix Down ~0.1%
Steal: Hi-Potion (99.8% @ THF99)
Place: Labyrinth of the Ancients
Other: Not to be confused with the summon Titan
Lore: Titan met the Warriors of Light in the maze of the Ancients, where Xande had commanded him to stop the Warriors. However, in the end his strength proved insufficient to stop them, and he fell in battle
Other: ティターン in Japanese

Drop Rate: 8%
Drop Table: 1 Hi-Potion, 2 Hi-Potion, 3 Hi-Potion, 4 Hi-Potion, 5 Hi-Potion, 6 Hi-Potion, 7 Hi-Potion, 8 Phoenix Down

Final Fantasy V


Titan (boss)
Level: 1, Number: 264, Type: Humanoid
HP: 2,500, MP: 2,000, STR: 45, MAG: 0, DEF: 10, MDEF: 0, EVA: 10
GIL: 0 / EXP: 0
Absorb: Earth
Status Immunity: Berserk, Confuse, Darkness, Death, Mini, Old, Petrify, Poison, Silence, Sleep, Toad
Drops: Hi-Potion
Steal: Gaia Hammer, Potion
Place: Karnak (meteorite)
Other: タイタン in Japanese

Category: Bestiary

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License