Thanatos is the Greek god of death, who would separate the soul from the body at the appointed time. He was depicted as a pale man with dark wings who wielded a sword. This image later deteriorated into a scythe-wielding skeleton wearing a black robe, creating the medieval image of the Grim Reaper. Thanatos's brother was Somnus, the god of sleep, which gave rise to the phrase about sleep being brother of death.
タナトス [thanatos] in Japanese.

Final Fantasy III


Level: 42, Number: 167, Type: -, Family: Thanatos
HP: 11,800, ATK: 98, DEF: 28, MDEF: 5, STR: 50, VIT: 38, INT: 26, MND: 23, AGI: 39, WGT: 14
GIL: 5,000 / EXP: 11,400
Immunity: Paralysis, Petrification, Toad, Silence, Mini, Blind, Death, Brink of Death
Weakness: -
Resistance: Earth
Abilities: Attack (uses with 80% chance), Breakga (uses with 20% chance), attacks twice per round
Drops: Hi-Potion ~1.9%, Phoenix Down ~0.1%
Steal: Hi-Potion (99.8% @ THF99)
Place: Labyrinth of the Ancients

Drop Rate: 5%
Drop Table: 1 Hi-Potion, 2 Hi-Potion, 3 Hi-Potion, 4 Hi-Potion, 5 Hi-Potion, 6 Hi-Potion, 7 Hi-Potion, 8 Phoenix Down

A Realm Reborn


Level: 50, Movement: Ground, Aggro: Sound
Type: Bloodless / Soulkin / Dullahan (Dullahan)
Stats: HP 2,778, MP 2,800
Abilities: Attack, Iron Justice, King's Will
Drops: Ballad Gauntlets, Ballad Sash, Crimson Celestial Gloves, Crimson Sash, Fuma Kyahan, Onion Gauntlets, Onion Tassets, Royal Shoes, Sabatons of Light
Area: Labyrinth of the Ancients / Path of Vice / Hall of the Deviant
Description: While commonly considered to be a variety of ancient golem, the exact nature of these hulking suits of animated armor is unknown. One theory suggests that they once clad men, and that the original wearer's soul lingered on after death, doomed to spend the afterlife in a prison of steel.

All the Bravest

HP: ?, Number: 81, From: FF3
Ability: Knock Silly
Drop: Yoichi's Bow
Area: Troia Range
Description: This knight decapitated himself so his headless horse wouldn't feel self-conscious.

Category: Bestiary

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License