There are two (or three) different monsters translated as Larva. The first is ラルウァイ [larvae] in Japanese, the second ラルヴァ [larva] (singular form of the plural 'larvae'). It is an old Latin term referring to various mythological parasitic creatures such as vampires and succubi.
The third is インセクタス [insectus], an entirely different vermin-type monster.

Final Fantasy III


Level: 6, Number: 014, Type: Undead, Family: Eye
HP: 44, ATK: 15, DEF: 10, MDEF: 1, STR: 7, VIT: 6, INT: 6, MND: 7, AGI: 9, WGT: 1
GIL: 30 / EXP: 120
Immunity: Confusion
Weakness: Holy 50%, Restoration 50%
Resistance: Earth 50%
Abilities: Attack (inflicts Confusion with 8% chance, uses with 80% chance), Poison (uses with 20% chance), attacks once per round
Drops: Eye Drops ~2.5%, Antidote ~0.5%
Steal: Eye Drops (5.3% @ THF99), Antidote (94.5% @ THF99)
Place: Hein's Castle, Mythril Mines Sealed Cave
Other: ラルウァイ in Japanese

Drop Rate: 2%
Drop Table: 1 Eye Drops, 2 Eye Drops, 3 Antidote, 4 Antidote, 5 Eye Drops, 6 Eye Drops, 7 Antidote, 8 Antidote

Final Fantasy IV

HP: 25, MP: ?, ATK: ?/M?, DEF: ?/M?, EVA: ?, SPD: ?
GIL: 4 / EXP: 50
Weakness: Ice
Resistance: -
Absorb: -
Drops: Potion, Hi-Potion
Steal: Potion
Place: Mist Cave
Other: インセクタス in Japanese


Final Fantasy X

Number: 062, Type: Spirit
Stats: HP 1,498, Overkill HP 924, MP 1,000, POW 10, MPOW 19, DEF 40, MDEF 45, SPD 10, EVA 0%
AP: 262, Overkill AP: 393, Gil: 330
Status Immunities: Blind, Poison, Slow, Sleep
Status Details: Death Sentence 2 turns, Zanmato resist 1
Weakness: x1.5 Water
Absorb: Thunder
Abilities: Thundara (100% chance on random enemy when no other criteria is fulfilled, when HP<479 and isn't provoked will cast at self with 50% chance), Fire (100% chance when provoked)
Ronso Rage: -
Drops: Ability Sphere
Auto-abilities on Drops: Weapons: Piercing (Kimahri, Auron), Thunderstrike. Armor: Lightning Ward
Steal: Lunar Curtain
Bribe: 29,960 gil / Shining Thorn x10, Monster Arena: 495 gil
Place: Thunder Plains
Other: ラルヴァ in Japanese
Other: at the same time when uses Thundara at self, POW, MAG and MDEF will rise by 4 each. This happens up to the third cast of Thundara at self, after that the stats will rise no further

Category: Bestiary

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License