Iron Giant

鉄巨人 / てつきょじん [tetsu kyojin] or 'iron giant' in Japanese.

Final Fantasy II

Rank: 7
HP: 3,500, MP: 240, ATK: 180, DEF: 180/M14-100, EVA: 0, SPD: ?
GIL: 3,000-15,000 / EXP: N/A
Drops: Genji Helm, Genji Gloves, Genji Armor, Excalibur, Aegis Shield
Place: Pandemonium

Final Fantasy III

Level: 81, Number: 226, Type: -, Family: Iron Giant
HP: 199,999, ATK: 255, DEF: 155, MDEF: 1, STR: 81, VIT: 99, INT: 99, MND: 1, AGI: 81, WGT: 1
GIL: 99,999 / EXP: 99,999
Immunity: -
Weakness: -
Resistance: Grappling 50%, Blunt 50%, Absorption 50%, Lightning 50%, Water 50%, Fire 50%, Ice 50%, Earth 50%, Wind 50%, Light 50%
Abilities: Attack (inflicts Silence, Mini, Blind, or Poison with 30% chance, uses with 70% chance when HP>30%), Meteor (uses with 30% chance when HP>30%), Swipe (uses with 100% chance when HP<30%), attacks four times per round
Drops: -
Steal: -
Place: ??? Cave
Other: note that this is a superboss added for the DS version of the game

Final Fantasy IV

HP: 29,818, MP: ?, ATK: 171/M22, DEF: 3/M60, EVA: ?, SPD: ?
GIL: 63,000 / EXP: 64,000
Drops: Ogrekiller, Poison Axe, Rune Axe, Gigant Axe
Place: ?

Final Fantasy V


Level: 61, Number: 220, Type: -
HP: 18,000, MP: 10,000, STR: 10, MAG: 50, DEF: 50, MDEF: 0, EVA: 0
GIL: 597 / EXP: 10,000
Weakness: Water
Status Immunity: Berserk, Confuse, Darkness, Mini, Old, Paralyze, Poison, Silence, Sleep, Stop, Toad
Drops: Goliath Tonic
Steal: Iron Armor, Iron Helm
Place: Cleft of Dimensions (castle)

Final Fantasy IX


Level: 68
HP: 21,217, MP: 3,091, ATK: 91/M24, DEF: 25/M8, EVA: 7/M9, SPD: 43
GIL: 2,796 / EXP: 42,996/4
Drops: Phoenix Down x2, Sapphire, Ether
Steal: Phoenix Down x4
Place: Memoria
Other: as 'Iron Man'

Final Fantasy X

Number: 063, Type: Iron Giant
Stats: HP 3,600, Overkill HP 924, MP 1, POW 30, MPOW 1, DEF 1 (armored), MDEF 1, SPD 7, EVA 0%
AP: 800, Overkill AP: 1,200, Gil: 600
Status Immunities: Silence, 95% chance of immunity to Blind, 50% chance of immunity to Sleep
Status Details: Poison 25%/tic, Death Sentence 2 turns, Zanmato resist 1
Weakness: -
Resistance: x0.5 Thunder
Abilities: Attack (100% chance on enemy with least HP remaining on turns 1, 2 and 3 out of 4 when no other criteria is fulfilled, 100% chance when any Aeon is out), Reaper (100% chance on random enemy on turn 4 out of 4 when no other criteria is fulfilled), Leaping Swing (100% chance when provoked)
Ronso Rage: -
Drops: Power Sphere
Auto-abilities on Drops: Weapons: Piercing (Kimahri, Auron), STR+5%, STR+10%, MAG+5%, MAG+10%. Armor: SOS Regen, hp+5%, HP+10%
Steal: Light Curtain
Bribe: 72,000 gil / Stamina Tonic, Monster Arena: 900 gil
Place: Thunder Plains


Crystal Chronicles

HP: 200, STR: 7, MAG: 6, DEF: 5, Type: -, Number: 110
Complete Immunity: Thunder/Stun, Gravity/Heavy, Slow, Stop
Status Immunity: Burn, Freeze
Strong Resistance: Physical, Fire, Blizzard
Abilities: Cut Down, Slash, Sonic Boom, Shoulder Tackle, Shockwave, Gravity Cyclone
Place: Mount Kilanda boss

All the Bravest

HP: ?, Number: 34, From: FF5
Ability: Takedown
Drop: Defender
Area: Fabul Waterway
Description: With its massive sword, this mighty giant passes the time by rending things in two.

Trading Card Game

Iron Giants have appeared once bearing the Earth element in the FF-TCG series.

9-092U Iron Giant

Category: Bestiary

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License