Fachan is also written Fachen or Fachin. It's a monster from Scottish folklore. Sometimes it is also called Direach. They are said to have only half of a stunted body (including one circular arm growing from its chest, one leg and one eye), a very wide mouth, and a tuft of black feathers at the top of its head that can't be bent.
ファハン [fachan] in Japanese.

Final Fantasy III


Level: 32, Number: 123, Type: -, Family: Troll
HP: 1,620, ATK: 65, DEF: 24, MDEF: 5, STR: 29, VIT: 29, INT: 25, MND: 26, AGI: 31, WGT: 11
GIL: 745 / EXP: 5,600
Immunity: Mini, Toad
Weakness: -
Resistance: -
Abilities: Attack (uses with 80% chance), Breakga (20% chance), attacks once per round
Drops: Hi-Potion ~1.4%, Bomb Arm ~0.7%, Tranquilizer ~0.5%, Silence Seal ~0.2%, Lilith's Kiss ~0.2%
Steal: Hi-Potion (0.9% @ THF99), Bomb Arm (23.9% @ THF99), Tranquilizer (75% @ THF99)
Place: Saronia Catacombs

Drop Rate: 3%
Drop Table: 1 Hi-Potion, 2 Bomb Arm, 3 Bomb Arm, 4 Tranquilizer, 5 Tranquilizer, 6 Silence Seal, 7 Lilith's Kiss, 8 Lilith's Kiss

Final Fantasy XIV


Level: 40-52, Movement: Flying, Aggro: Sight
Type: Transcendent / Voidkin / Ahriman
Weakness: Water
Resistance: Earth, Lightning
Incapacitation: Head, Special (back)
Abilities: Attack, Aural Vacuum, Level 5 Petrify, Tail Whip
Drops: Earth Shard, Fire Shard, Ice Shard, Chocobo Feather, Obsidian, Ahriman Wing
Area: Nine Ivies (The All-Seeing Eyes), Treespeak (All Treespeak is a Stage)

Final Fantasy XIII

Coming soon
Other: unlike other monsters on this page, is ジイリッハ [jiirihha] in Japanese. Note that while the pronunciation is what it is (names in Japanese are written as they're pronounced), it is more properly written as Direach, an alternate name for Fachan.

Trading Card Game

Fachans have appeared once in the FF-TCG series, bearing the Lightning element.

7-096C Fachan

Category: Bestiary

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License